There has been such an increase of awareness with clean products in the past few years and I love it! The downside is when products are labeled "all natural" only to find out when you flip to the ingredient list that it still may not be clean or beneficial.
We were made aware at a very early age that our daughter had an allergy to unnatural products. This means we have been reading labels for a long time and have learned A LOT by doing so.
As we read label after label, we were shocked at how many "natural" products still have unclean and unhealthy ingredients. We have been fooled several times into thinking a certain product was ok for her based on the "all natural" label.
When I set out to open this boutique, I made it our mission to be a safe place to shop. It's a place where you can fall in love with the product and not have to worry about it's trail or ingredients. There is quality, attention, and intention with everything we provide.
We chose Saardé soap because of its natural luxury.
All soaps are created with your body and health in mind.
Oh yes! Made on a beautiful sun-drenched olive farm on the Aegean coast of Turkey - a region where olives have been cultivated for over 2000 years. The process and formulation of this soap was developed over many years to be particularly moisturizing and nourishing – it is unlike any other soap we have ever used - it feels beautiful to use, doesn't leave your skin feeling dry, and doesn't crack or get the dreaded soapy slime that many soaps do.
Trends That You Should Try:
If you know anything about me, you know that I'm not one for trends. (I've only just finished reading Harry Potter because I didn't want to go along with the crowd in high school).
Our store focuses more on timeless investments that you might find trending here and there, rather than bringing things in because they are trending.
That said, there are always trending items that we love and can get on board with. Here are a couple of items I find trending that I love...
Clay and Charcoal are trending for a reason
Benefits of Bentonite Clay:
- It's created from volcanic ash. This clay soap serves as a natural, gentle exfoliant, and removes oils and impurities from your skin.
- It feels beautifully silky to use (with its silkiness making shaving easier, too.)
- Ideal for people with oily and acne-prone skin, as it removes deposits that lead to pimples and excess oil production.
- Sensitive, dry skin types can also benefit from clay soap since the soaps don't disrupt the natural functioning of the skin.
Benefits of Activated Charcoal Soap:
- This activated charcoal soap effectively cleanses the skin, unclogs pores, removes deeper impurities and dead skin cells. The result is smooth supple and even-toned skin.
- Dirt, toxins, heavy metals, and chemicals are attracted to the charcoal molecules and washed away.
- This soap takes care of oily skin, deep cleans your skin, helps reduce acne, and very gently exfoliates and reduces pore size.
Littles need some soap love, too! Made by hand using extra virgin olive oil without any synthetic preservatives or colors. 100% natural, it gently cleans & moisturizes little ones’ skin.
Baby's skin smells beautiful! So there isn't any added fragrance.
- These are the only ingredients for this amazing soap:
- saponified olive oil
- saponified coconut oil
- saponified castor oil
- rosemary leaf extract
- palm oil-free
Washing hands is best, but on-the-go situations call for a great hand sanitizer. We are in love with this packaging as much as we love the product itself!
As you shop, consider short-term as well as long-term effects. Look at labels. Find out how it's made and where it's made. So much goes into creating an actual natural product. Investing in companies that provide good quality product is a great way to support makers as they create what they are passionate about while supporting yourself and the environment at the same time.
I’d say that’s a win-win!
photos and product descriptons by Saardé